Retirement calculators & financial tools
Want help creating a budget? Calculating your needs for retirement? Saving for your children's education? TIAA's online tools can help you answer many important financial questions.
Most popular planning tools
Are you on track with your retirement savings? Create a custom saving and investment plan.
Estimate Retirement Income
Thinking about retirement in five years or less? Create your personal vision of retirement and/or an income plan.
Goal Planning Advice
A sixty second solution to estimate how much you need to save for a goal.
Figuring out how much life insurance you need?
- Retirement AdvisorComplete four steps and receive a customized Retirement Action Plan with savings and investment recommendations.
- Retirement Income IllustratorUse our newly redesigned tool to explore your income options with varied assumptions and compare a wide range of scenarios to help you meet your retirement income goals. Log in required.
- Retirement ProfileAnswer a few simple questions and find out what your life could be like in retirement—from both a lifestyle and financial perspective. Receive a snapshot that will help you start planning. Log in required.
- Lifetime Income CalculatorNeed to fill an income gap? Find answers in minutes. Either enter your target income goal, or learn how much income an annuity can potentially create.
- Retirement Goal EvaluatorFind out how much of your current income you might be able to replace in retirement and where you may have shortfalls.
- Early Withdrawal CalculatorUnderstand the impact of taking an early withdrawal from your retirement account – including lost asset growth, tax consequences and penalties.
- IRA Finder ToolQuickly learn whether you’re eligible for a Traditional or Roth IRA, and see how much you can contribute.
- IRA Contribution Limits Answer a few questions to determine how much you can contribute to a Roth or a Traditional IRA.
- Roth IRA ConversionFind out if it makes sense to convert your Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA.
- Tax-Advantage CalculatorSee why contributing to a tax-deferred retirement annuity may be to your advantage — potentially building more retirement savings while reducing your current taxable income.
- Tax-Deferred Contributions CalculatorDetermine the maximum amount you can contribute to a supplemental tax-deferred account.
- IRA Contribution LimitsAnswer a few questions to determine how much you can contribute to a Roth or a Traditional IRA.
- Minimum Distribution CalculatorFind out how much you must withdraw from your retirement accounts when you reach age 70½.
- Home Affordability CalculatorThinking about buying a home? Find out how much you can afford, what your estimated monthly payments would be and what you’ll need to save for your down payment.
- Asset Allocation EvaluatorDiversify your retirement savings across a range of assets classes, such as equity, fixed income and real estate. See sample scenarios based on answers to a few questions.
- Compare InvestmentsCompare historical performance, risk, holdings, and ratings for up to five mutual funds and/or Retirement Plan Annuities.
- Annuity Cost Savings CalculatorSee how much you may save in annuity expenses. Use this interactive tool to explore the impact lower expenses may have on your annuity's account value and benefits.
55% of students report having 0% exposure to financial education
TIAA joined forces with the Council of Graduate Schools and leading universities to help change this statistic by researching students’ financial challenges and creating programs to address them.
TIAA is here for you
In addition to our online tools, we're here to help. We offer:
- One-on-one consultations at no additional cost on the phone or in person.
- Help to get you the most from your retirement benefits.
- A broad review of your finances, including your TIAA and non-TIAA accounts.
See information contained within the above tools and calculators for assumptions, approach and methodology.
Prior to rolling over, consider your other options. You may also be able to leave money in your current plan, withdraw cash or roll over the assets to your new employer’s plan if one is available and rollovers are permitted. Compare the differences in investment options, services, fees and expenses, withdrawal options, required minimum distributions, other plan features, and tax treatment. Speak with a TIAA Consultant and your tax advisor regarding your situation. Learn more .